You cannot add an S3 Connector component (any component) by running the eMAM setup application again.
Please follow the steps below to add an S3 connector without impacting the existing configuration.
1. Install the eMAM setup application on a new server by choosing only the S3 connector. (If you have the VM which you have used for the technical training session, you can take the S3 Connector folder from there)
2. After the install, “eMAM S3 Connector” folder will be created within the Empress Media folder located in “C:\Program Files\Empress Media\”
3. Copy the “eMAM S3 Connector” folder from the new server to the “Empress Media” folder in the existing Application server.
4. Create the “eMAM S3 Connector” key manually in the Registry of the Application Server under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Empress Media\”
Create New string values for
ComponentLicenseKey = (put it as blank)
eMAM S3 Connector=”8”
SupportExpiryDate= (put it as blank)
5. Do the patches compatible with the S3 connector. E.g.: all other components are in the 5.2.9 version. So, we have to check each patch and find if the patch for the S3 connector is there. If yes, copy only the S3 connector folder to the Empress Media Folder.
6. Manually install the S3 connector service and associate eMAM user.
(a) Go to C:\Program Files\Empress Media\eMAM S3 Connector
(b) Edit the file install.bat
(c) Change the .net framework path from 2.0 to 4.0
(e) Run install.bat as Administrator
7. Run the License Manager in the Application Server. If there is a valid license for S3, it will get updated in the Database.
8. To check, go to the Super Admin Console, under the Server Management tab, you can see the S3 Connector component.
9. Now delete the Server where you had run the eMAM Setup to extract the S3 Connector folder