This article explain the process to find the older version of java, uninstalling it and updating to the latest one.
- Download the Java uninstall tool from - https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp
- Run the downloaded application and click on the Agree button
- If your version is up to date then you will be getting a notification like this. You can Click on NO and no need for any further steps.
- If you are having an old version of Java, that will be listed in the application. You can select all the older versions and uninstall them.
- This application will ask you to clear the cache and you can click on the Yes button
- Once the uninstall is completed you can see a final status like below. To download the latest version you can click on the Get Java button or download it from - https://java.com/en/download/
- After the download, please run the setup and click on the install button,
- After the successful install, you will get a window like this.
- Now the Java version will be the latest one.
You can change Automatic Update Settings to check for new versions,
- Open Configure Java
- Click the Update tab to access the settings.
- To enable Java Update to automatically check for updates, select the Check for Updates Automatically check box.
- When a new Java update is available, a tooltip balloon appears on your Windows desktop. To install the new update, click on the notification dialog.
- The Update Available dialog appears. To start the installation, click Update.
- When the installation is complete, a dialog box appears. Click Finish to complete the installation.